Tuesday, April 26, 2016

                                  Recreation Therapist

Duties and Responsibilities:

Recreational therapists plan, direct, and coordinate recreation-based treatment programs for people with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses. Teach patients about ways to cope with anxiety or depression.

Salary: 

$30,000 - $53,000

Education:

Bachelor’s Degree and Certification 

Demand for profession: 

Job growth about 13%
Boy playing Chess with an elderly man. Recreational therapists use a variety of methods including games to treat mental health and physical injury or disability.
Reflection:
 
I would like to be a recreation therapist, me being someone that deals with anxiety when a place is filled with so many people. I get it, it's kind of like you can't even see the people's faces anymore,  mostly all you feel is there voices talking over each other, the footsteps, and there shadows. But I overcame it, It doesn't bother me as much. So me being someone that has went through this, I feel like I have that knowledge of what it must be like dealing with these things, and I will be able to give better advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment